HOME | About Us » Constitution of Khuddam
Constitution of Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya
Preface to the Constitution of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya
In the course of his Friday Sermon delivered on November 3, 1989 in the Fazal Mosque, London, Hadhrat Khalifatul Messiah IV (rh) had announced that in the future he would himself supervise all the auxiliary organizations viz. Majlis Ansarullah, Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya, and Lajna Imaillah, all over the world. All these organizations would be responsible to Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih and would invariably obtain instructions directly from him. The sphere of central auxiliary organizations at Rabwah shall in the future be designated as ‘Sadr’ (President).
In light of the above instructions of Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh), whatever changes are necessary in the Dastur-e-Assasi (Constitution) should be adopted by the National Shura of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya as and when it is held.
If an amendment is considered necessary in this Dastur-e-Assasi (Constitution), the matter may be submitted to Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih V (aba) along with the necessary explanation and full justification for the proposed amendment.
So far as the Chandas of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya are concerned, the existing rates of Chanda will continue until Majlis-e-Shura of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya proposes some changes and obtains the approval of Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih. May Allah bless these changes in the system of auxiliary organizations of Jama’at, and may they prove to be beneficial.
MAJLIS KHUDDAM-UL-AHMADIYYA, UGANDA
Establishment of Majlis (association of people) and its Name
The name of this organization shall be Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya, Uganda, an auxiliary of The Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam, Inc. DBA (“Ahmadiyya Muslim Community”), Uganda.
The National Headquarters of The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Uganda shall always be the National Headquarters of this Majlis. It shall function under the supervision and instructions of Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih, the Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
Aims and Objectives
(a) To train and educate its members, including Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya (young Ahmadi males), in true Islamic ways.
(b) To inculcate in its members the love of Allah, the love of Hadhrat Khatamun-Nabiyyin Muhammad Mustafa (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him),
(c) To engender in its members the spirit of serving Islam, one’s country, and mankind, as well as to strive for the general welfare of humanity.
Rules and Regulations of Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya
It shall be a purely religious association having no political interests whatsoever.
It shall be the duty of its members to abide fully by the laws of the country in accordance with the teachings of the Holy Qur'an.
These rules and regulations shall be referred to as the Constitution (Dastur-e-
The National Headquarters of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Uganda will be the National Headquarters of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya, Uganda.
There shall be an office to carry out the affairs of the Majlis. The staff of this office may be appointed by the Sadr (National President) Majlis.
It shall be mandatory for all office bearers and members of the Majlis to be acquainted with these rules and to act upon them.
Majlis-e-Aama, Uganda (Association of the General Membership) shall have the right to recommend alterations to this Constitution with the approval of the Majlis-e-Shura (National Consultative Body), which shall be implemented only after the approval of Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih
To amend or delete any rule of the Constitution, a specific proposal identifying the number of the concerned rule and describing the required amendment or deletion must be presented to the Majlis-e-Shura.
Members and Affiliates
The following categories of individuals will be concerned with this Majlis:
(a) Members who will be called Khuddam.
Affiliates of the Majlis will include:
(a) Murabiyaan-e-Atfal (trainers of Atfal).
Note: Majlis Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya shall function under the supervision of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
Every Ahmadi male between fifteen and forty years of age shall be a member of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya, Uganda
Duties of the Members
Every members, will obey the instructions given by Majlis-e-Shura, Majalis-e-Amila, and all office-bearers of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
They shall meet the financial requirements of the Majlis as needed.
They shall regularly put into practice the program chalked out by the Majlis.
If they fail to discharge their duties pertaining to the Majlis, they shall wholeheartedly accept any reformatory measure suggested to them.
Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya shall consist of the following Majalis:
(a) Majalis-e-Aama (National, Regional, Local, Neighborhood)
Majalis-e-Aama shall consist of the following categories:
(a) National: This Majlis shall comprise of all Khuddam of the nation (Mulk).
Note: “Local” signifies a place where a permanent branch of the Jama'at is established.
(a) National (Mulk): The following shall be members of this Majlis:
Note: Among the above-mentioned members, there must be at least two who are well-versed in the knowledge of Qur'an, Ahadith, Arabic language, and Ahmadiyya literature.
(c) Local: This Majlis shall consist of Qaid Majlis, Naib Qaid/Naib Qaideen, Motamid , all Nazimeen, Mohasib and Zu'ma of Neighborhoods.
(d) Neighborhood: This Majlis shall consist of Zaim, Naib Zaim, Motamid Neighborhood, Muntazimeen and Saiqeen.
Consultative Body (Majlis-e-S H U R A)
21. This consultative body shall represent the national Majlis.
22. This consultative body shall consist of the following members:
1) National office bearers
2) Regional Qaideen
3) Representatives of the Majalis reference #
4) Other such members who are invited for consultation by the Sadr Majlis
MEETINGS (Ijlas-e- Aam & Ijlas-e-Amila)
General Body Meeting (Ijlas-e-Aam )
23. a) National: This Majlis shall meet once a year. Sadr Majlis may call more than one meeting as needed.
b) Region: The Regional Qaid or District Qaid can call a general meeting (Ijlas-e-Aam) in his respective areas as needed.
c) Local: This Majlis shall meet at least once a month.
d) Neighborhood :This Majlis shall meet at least once a month.
AmilA Meeting (Ijlas Amila )
24. Sadr Majlis, Regional Qaid, Local Qaid and Zaim Neighborhood shall be able to call the meetings of their respective Majlis-e-Amila as needed. The quorum for the Majlis-e-Amila meeting shall be one third of its total membership. If the meeting is adjourned due to lack of quorum, there shall be no quorum required for the subsequent meeting.
25. When the national Majlis-e-Amila is holding a meeting to consider proposals submitted to Majlis-e-Shura, a quorom of three-fourths of the total members of Majlis-e-Amila shall be required for approval. In order to reject a proposal, a minimum of two-thirds of its present members must agree.
Responsibilities and Authority of National Majlis-e- Aama
- This Majlis shall elect the Sadr through Majlis-e-Shura.
27. This Majlis shall expect the National Majlis-e-Amila to present an annual report of its activities to Majlis-e-Shura, and the latter shall have the right to discuss and assess the report.
28. All members of this Majlis shall be duty-bound to follow all of the instructions of the National Majlis-e-Amila concerning the approved program and fully cooperate with it.
Local & Neighborhood Majalis-e-Amila
29. These Majalis shall elect Qaideen or Zu’ma. Their authority and responsibility within their limited jurisdiction shall be the same as those of the National Majlis within its wider jurisdiction.
Duties & Powers of Majalis-e-Amila
30. This Majlis shall prepare a program for all Majalis Khuddam-ul Ahmadiyya in light of the aims and objectives of the Constitution, and it shall ensure its full implementation among all Majalis.
31. Majlis-e-Amila shall prepare an annual budget of income and expense of the National Majlis-e-Aama and shall present it to Majlis-e-Shura for approval.
32. Majlis-e-Amila shall prepare the agenda for Majlis-e-Shura after inviting proposals from subordinate Majalis. This Majlis shall also arrange to print and dispatch the proposals to the Majalis three weeks before the date of the Shura.
33. National Majlis-e-Amila shall have the power to reject the proposals received for Shura.
34. A) National Majlis-e-Amila shall read aloud the rejected proposals along with the reasons for their rejection to the Majlis-e-Shura. The Sadr Majlis may make an exception and not allow a particular proposal to be read aloud. The rejected proposals shall not be discussed in the Shura. If any Majlis insists on bringing up a rejected proposal in a subsequent year, the National Majlis Amila shall present it at the present Shura, unless the Sadr Majlis makes an exception and disallows it.
B) Those proposals on which a decision has been made by the Majlie-e-Shura cannot be resubmitted for three years. If it is deemed necessary to re-submit such proposals, permission from Sadr Majlis must be sought.
35. In the absence of the Sadr and Naib Sadran from the Headquarters without their having nominated an officiating executive, it shall be the duty of Motamid Mulk to immediately call a Majlis-e-Amila meeting so that the National Majlis-e-Amila may temporarily appoint one of its members as acting Sadr.
36. National Majlis-e-Amila shall be authorized to make internal changes in the approved budget.
Regional, Local & Neighborhood Majalis Amila
37. These Majalis shall have in their respective limited jurisdiction the same authority and responsibility as those of the National Majlis-e-Amila in its wider jurisdiction.
Consultative Body (S H U R A)
38. Only Majlis-e-Shura shall have the authority of exercising the powers of the Majlis-e-Aama.
39. Sadr Majlis shall be elected by Majlis-e-Shura under the chairmanship of the representative appointed by Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba). Election of Sadr shall not take place without prior knowledge and approval of Khalifatul Masih.
40. For every twenty members or a part thereof, one Khadim shall be elected from every Majlis to represent them in the Majlis-e-Shura. Qaid Majlis shall automatically be a member of Shura and shall be included in the total number of representatives allotted to a given Majlis as mentioned above. In the event that Qaid Majlis is not attending the Majlis-e-Shura, a substitute representative shall be duly elected. The Qaid shall not appoint anybody in his place in the case where there is a Majlis with 20 or fewer Khuddam
41. Majlis-e-Shura may delegate its authority in part or full to any subcommittee.
42. No member of a subcommittee shall have the right to vote or speak in the Shura against any decision made by the subcommittee. An exception is rendered if he has secured this privilege during the meeting of that subcommittee.
43. Any Khadim having arrears of membership subscriptions (chanda) shall not be eligible for membership in Majlis-e-Shura. Reference #
44. If during the year it is deemed necessary to change any specific decision made by Shura, Sadr Majlis shall be authorized to do so with the approval from Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba).
45. The following shall be the office bearers of the National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya:
- Naib Sadr
- Muawin Sadr
- Muhtamim Amoor-e-Tulba
- Muhtamim Atfal
- Muhtamim Isha'at
- Muhtamim Khidmat-e-Khalq
- Muhtamim Maal
- Muhtamim Samee-o-Basri
- Muhtamim Sanat-o-Tijarat
- Muhtamim Sehat-e-Jismani
- Muhtamim Tabligh
- Muhtamim Tajneed
- Muhtamim Taleem
- Muhtamim Tarbiyyat
- Muhtamim Tarbiyyat Nau Mobaeen
- Muhtamim Tehrik-e-Jadid
- Muhtamim Umoomi
- Muhtamim Waqar-e-Amal
- Muhtamim Waqf-e-Jadid
- Regional Qaid
- Regional Qaid, Regional Motamid and other members of Regional Amila
shall each be called a Regional Nazim.
47. Qaid, Naib Qaid/Naib Qaideen, Motamid, Nazim Khidmat-e-Khalq, Nazim Sehat-e-Jismani, Nazim Waqar-e-Amal, Nazim Tehrik-e-Jadid, Nazim Waqf-e-Jadid, Nazim Tabligh, Nazim Tajneed, Nazim Atfal, Nazim Sanat-o-Tijarat, Nazim Ishaat, Nazim Amoor-e-Tulba, Muhasib, Murabbiyan-e-Atfal and Tarbiyyat Nau Mobaeen.
Note: In case more than one Naib Qaid is needed in a Majlis, the Sadr Majlis shall specify the number of Naib Qaideen for that Majlis.
48. Zaeem, Naib Zaeem, Motamid, Muntazim Khidmat-e-Khalq, Muntazim Taleem, Muntazim Tarbiyyat, Muntazim Maal, Muntazim Umoomi, Muntazim Sehat-e-Jismani, Muntazim Waqar-e-Amal Muntazim Sanat-o-Tijarat, Muntazim Tehrik-e-Jadid, Muntazim Tabligh, Muntazim Tajneed, Muntazim Ishaat, Muntazim Atfal, Muntazim Waqf-e-Jadid, Muntazim Sami-o-Basri, Muntazim Amoor-e-Tulba, Murabbi Atfal Muhasib, Muntazim Tarbiyyat Nau Mobaeen, and Saiqeen.
Appointment of Office Bearers
49. The appointment of office bearers shall take place either:
a) By election
b) By nomination
50. By Election
Sadr Majlis, Local Qaid and Zaeem Neighborhood shall be elected.
51. By Nomination
National Office bearers and Regional Nazimeen shall be nominated by the Sadr Majlis. Office bearers of Region, Local, Neighborhood and Saiqeen shall be appointed by the Regional Qaid, Local Qaid, and Neighborhood Zaeem, respectively.
52. Nomination of Office bearers of Neighborhood shall be effective after approval from the Local Qaid.
53. For all nominated and elected office bearers, save those mentioned under (53), an approval from the Sadr Majlis shall be sought. The final approval of the National Amila, however, shall be sought by the Sadr Majlis from Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba).
Conditions & Procedures of Electing Office Bearers
54. For the election or nomination of an office bearer, the following matters shall be considered necessary:
a) He offers the Five Daily prayers (Salat) and strives to offer them in congregation.
b) He has no arrears of mandatory subscription of Jama'at and Majlis.
c) He is truthful, trustworthy, and abides by the decisions of the Majlis.
d) He abides by the Islamic traditions to his utmost (e.g., he grows a beard). In exceptional cases, permission shall be sought from Sadr Majlis.
Note: It is expected that all office bearers shall strive to offer Tahajjud prayer.
55. a) It is desirable that Sadr Majlis lives near the National Headquarters of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, USA.
b) For the election of Sadr Majlis, names of only those Khuddam shall be proposed whose membership to the Majlis does not expire before the completion of period of Sadarat according to the rules.
56. No election should be held to elect the Sadr without the following requirements:
a) At the completion of the tenure of a serving Sadr Majlis, an approval must be sought from Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (atba) to hold the election to elect the new Sadr.
b) A request should be made from Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba) to get the appointment of a representative to preside over the election.
57. For the election of Sadr Majlis, names shall be proposed during the session of the Majlis-e-Shura. Majlis-e-Shura shall elect three persons; hence every member shall have the right of three votes. Every Shura delegate must cast three votes.
58. Proposed names along with the number of votes recorded shall be submitted to Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba.) for final approval.
59. It shall be permissible to speak briefly in favor of a proposed name, but there shall be no permission to speak against anyone during the election session.
60. The term of a local Qaid shall be for two years. The same person shall not be elected for more than three consecutive terms without obtaining prior permission from Sadr Majlis.
Note: In the event that the elected Qaid cannot complete his two-year term, a new election shall take place at the discretion of the Sadr Majlis. During this period the Sadr Majlis will appoint an interim Qaid.
61. Zaim Neighborhood shall be elected annually. The same person shall not be elected more than four times consecutively.
62. a. Sadr Majlis shall be elected after every two years.
b. No person shall be elected to this office more than three times consecutively. However, Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba) may waive this condition.
63. Those Khuddam who turn 40 years of age any time during the year ending on 31st Fatah (December) shall join Majlis Ansarullah from 1st Sulha (January) the next year.
64. The appointment of the National Office bearers shall be for a period of one year.
65. Elections for Local Qaideen shall be held from 1st Tabuk (September) to 1st Ikhaa (October). The new office bearers shall take charge of their offices as from 1st Nubuwwat (November) after due approval.
66. Elections for Zu'ma Neighborhood shall be held beginning 1st Nubuwwat (November) to30th Nubuwwat (November).
67. Sadr Majlis shall have the discretion to decide which region needs a Qaid.
68. Until an approval of new elections or appointments is granted, the previous office bearers shall continue to hold their offices.
69. Elections of Local Qaid shall be held under the chairmanship of the representative from National Majlis-Khuddam-ul- Ahmadiyya, Regional Qaid, Amir Jama'at, or Sadr Jama'at, the report for which shall be sent by the chairman with his remarks to the Sadr Majlis. In case more than one such officer are present, the above mentioned sequence shall be followed.
Note: No election shall be held under the chairmanship of a Khadim whose name could be proposed for the same election.
70. The Quorum for the election of Local Qaid and Zaim Neighborhood shall be 50% of the total membership. If the election session is adjourned due to lack of quorum, there shall be no qurom requirement for subsequent election.
Note: In case the quorum requirement is not met, the Qaid needs to submit a written explanation with the comments of the chairman.
71. The voting shall be done openly by show of hands. No member shall be permitted to canvass for himself or anyone else, openly or covertly. Of course, it shall be permissible to speak with the permission of the Chairman of the session as provided in rule 58. Also, it shall be compulsory for every Khadim to exercise his right to vote.
72. It shall be strictly forbidden to be partial in these elections.
73. In order to vote in an election, a Khadim having arrears of compulsory subscriptions of Majlis for six months or more, who has been reminded in writing but does not pay the arrears nor gets permission from Majlis Khuddam-ul Ahmadiyya to defer payment, shall not have the right of casting his vote in any election held by the Majlis. In order to hold an office in Majlis Khuddam-ul Ahmadiyya, a Khadim shall not be in arrears for more than six months for Majlis or Jamaat.
74. Election of Zaim Neighborhood shall be under the Chairmanship of Local Qaid or his representative.
75. If the name of a person is proposed for a certain office and it is rejected by Sadr Majlis, then the name of such a person shall not be proposed again for election during that term for the same office.
Responsibilities and Authority of National Office Bearers
76. Sadr Majlis shall supervise all the affairs of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
77. He shall be responsible to carry out successfully the program of the Majlis.
78. The final decision concerning the explanation and interpretation of all the rules of the Majlis shall rest with the Sadr Majlis.
79. The accounts of the Majlis shall be operated by Sadr jointly with Muhtamim Ma’al. It shall be permissible for Sadr to assign his right to signature to Naib Sadr or some other office bearer.
80. While going on leave, Sadr shall appoint a khadim to officiate in his place, whose approval shall be sought from Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba). However, the officiating Sadr shall not have authority to alter or abrogate the orders issued by the Sadr. Likewise no officiating official shall have authority to alter or abrogate the orders of the actual officer.
81. Sadr shall have the power to reject the majority decision of any Majlis. In case the Majlis insists, it shall be the Sadr’s duty to present the demand of the Majlis with his own view to Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba) within a week for a final decision.
82. Sadr Majlis shall have the power to disapprove or reject the election or nomination of any office bearer and to advise the concerned Majlis to hold fresh elections or present a new nominee.
83. Sadr Majlis shall have the authority to suspend or dismiss any office bearer without any given reason. One may express his grievance over such a decison to Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba) through the appropriate channels, but shall not seek any legal remedy in any other court or Qada.
84. Under special circumstances, Sadr Majlis shall have the authority to suspend the rights of election of a Majlis and nomination of an office bearer. Sadr Majlis can then appoint the appropriate replacement for the concerned officer(s).
85. In case Sadr leaves the country, Naib Sadr shall officiate in his place, unless the Sadr appoints someone else as acting Sadr.
86. Authority and responsibilities of Naib Sadr shall be those delegated to him by Sadr Majlis.
87. In the event of Sadr’s sudden death, Naib Sadr shall become Sadr until the next election of Sadr, unless Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba) gives a different directive.
MOTAMID AND MUHTAMIMEEN
88. They shall provide guidance to Majalis, Qaideen, Zu'ma and other members concerning their respective department, issue appropriate instructions, and supervise the implementation of these instructions.
89. Motamid shall be responsible for the correspondence of all matters, by instruction of the Sadr, to National Majlis-e-Aama.
90. He shall supervise the work of the National Majlis Khuddam-ul Ahmadiyya office, keep its records in order, and be responsible for its security.
91. He shall verify the authenticity and/or validity of the bills/expenses of National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya signed by the concerned Muhtamim.
92. He shall keep and report the minutes of Majlis-e-Amila.
MUHTAMIM KHIDMAT-E-KHALQ (Director of Community Service)
93. Muhtamim Khidmat-e-Khalq shall adopt such means as to do maximum service to the poor, helpless, and needy without any discrimination of race, religion, or nationality.
MUHTAMIM TALEEM (Director of Education)
94. Muhtamim Taleem shall implement plans to make the Majalis familiar with Islamic Knowledge.
95. He shall arrange to educate the illiterate.
96. He shall strive to establish libraries in the Majalis.
97. He shall implement appropriate schemes to cultivate interest for Islamic literature and to raise the intellectual standard of the membership.
MUHTAMIM TARBIYYAT (Director of Moral Training)
98. Muhtamim Tarbiyyat shall strive to make members abide by the Islamic injunctions, morals, and etiquette.
99. He shall adopt appropriate reformatory plans for the training of youth.
100. He shall adopt schemes to inculcate patriotism and determination in membership.
MUHTAMIM MAAL (Director of Finance)
101. Muhtamim Maal shall strive to keep the Majlis in sound financial position.
102. He shall be responsible for the collection of Chanda from all Majalis.
103. He shall operate the Majlis account jointly with Sadr. The selection of financial institution or trust will be approved by National Majlis-e-Amila.
104. He shall supervise the monetary affairs of the National Majlis and subordinate Majalis.
105. He shall make arrangements for the assessment of the annual income budgets of all the Majalis and keep their records in the office.
MUHTAMIM UMOOMI (Director of Internal Affairs)
106. Muhtamim Umoomi shall perform the affairs assigned to him by the Sadr Majlis.
MUHTAMIM SEHAT-E-JISMANI (Director of Physical Fitness)
107. Muhtamim Sehat-e-Jismani shall adopt plans concerning general health and impart pertinent to the members of the Majlis.
108. He shall endeavor to introduce different sports and physical exercises in the Majlis.
MUHTAMIM WAQAR-E-AMAL (Director of Volunteerism)
109. He shall inspire Majalis members with the dignity of working with their hands, and shall inculcate this sentiment.
110. He shall urge Majalis to engage themselves in teamwork and offer general instructions in this respect.
MUHTAMIM SANAT-O-TIJARAT (Director of Industry and Trade)
111. Muhtamim Sanat-o-Tijarat shall initiate programs to increase interest in learning skills, crafts, and trades among the members.
112. He shall strive to teach Khuddam various industry skills.
113. He shall continue to try to eliminate unemployment in society.
MUHTAMIM TEHRIK-e-JADID (Director of Tehrik-e-Jadid)
114. He shall make every possible effort to ensure that all the aims and objectives of Tehrik-e-Jadid are being implemented.
MUHTAMIM ATFAL (Director of Youth Age7-15)
115. Muhtamim Atfal shall supervise all the affairs of Majlis Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya.
MUHTAMIM ISLAHO IRSHAD (Director of Propagation)
116. Muhtamim Islah-o-Irshad shall encourage Khuddam towards propagation of Islam.
MUHTAMIM TAJNEED (Director of Census)
117. Muhtamim Tajneed shall keep record of all members of the Majalis and their necessary particulars.
118. He shall strive to establish new Majalis.
MUHTAMIM ISHA'AT (Director of Publications)
119. Muhtamim Ishaat shall inform all members of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya about the activities of the Majlis.
120. He shall endeavor to make the members understand the program of the Majlis and its aims and objectives and shall inform the public of its activities.
121. He shall manage the publication of books and periodicals on behalf of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
MUHTAMIM AMOOR-E-TULBA (Director of Student Affairs)
122. Muhtamim Amoor-e-Tulba shall implement plans to organize Ahmadi students both at the Majlis, school, college, and university levels.
123. He shall arrange to ensure that no Khadim or Tifl is deprived of education.
124. He shall look after the affairs of students and provide help and assistance in
whichever way necessary.
125. He shall help students in career planning and assist them in their admissions
to various academic institutions.
126. He should emphasize the importance of religious education among students and involve them in Tabligh activities.
MUHTAMIM SAMEE-O-BASRI (Director of Audio and Video)
127. Muhtamim Sami-o-Basri will explore the talents of Khuddam and Atfal and provide individuals capable of producing quality programs.He will promote MTA International and Alislam.org amongst the youth. He shall encourage Khuddam and Atfal to watch and be involved in the production of programs.
MUHTAMIM WAQF-e-JADID (Director of Waqf-e-Jadid)
128. Muhtamim Waqf-e-Jadid shall put every possible effort to meet all the
assigned objects of Waqf-e-Jadid.
129. Muhasib shall audit the accounts of the National Majlis-Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya and subordinate Majalis and see that the accounts are kept properly.
130. He shall sanction the bills according to regulations.
131. He shall keep track of funds given in advance and ensure that loans are settled within the due period. He shall periodically audit these accounts.
REGIONAL QAID (Regional President)
132. Regional Qaid shall perform the following duties within their respective jurisdictions.
a) He shall inspect the Majalis and shall guide and supervise them in respect to the national program.
b) He shall keep the National Majlis Khudam-ul-Ahmadiyya informed of local activities of the various Majalis and give Majalis useful advice.
c) He shall assist in the establishment of new Majalis in his respective jurisdiction.
d) He shall strive for the betterment of the financial condition of the Majalis, and shall help the National Majlis Khuddam-ul Ahmadiyya in this respect.
e) He shall find solutions to difficulties faced by the Majalis.
f) He shall supervise the coordination of the activities of all Majalis in his respective region.
133. He shall recommend to the Sadr Majlis for the suspension or dismissal of his subordinate office bearers, if deemed necessary.
134. He shall have the authority to suspend or dismiss the office bearers nominated by him with the prior approval of Sadr Majlis.
135. He shall supervise the elections of Local Qaideen in his Region within the due period. In case this is not done, he shall take immediate steps to accomplish it.
136. He shall have the authority to nominate an officiating replacement in case he leaves his Region for up to 15 days. In case he leaves for more than 15 days, he shall obtain the approval of the officiating replacement from Sadr Majlis.
137. He is authorized to inspect any Majlis in his region whenever he desires. If he deems it appropriate, he can write down his remarks in the register of the Majlis and send its copy to the National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
138. He shall have the authority of holding a meeting of the Local Qaideen and their respective local Majlis-e-Amila/Aama if he deems it necessary.
139. He shall have the authority to reject the majority opinion in respect to matters concerning his respective region. But if any Qaid demands, it shall be necessary for the Regional Qaid to inform Sadr Majlis of his dissenting decision within 15 days.
Note: He shall have the authority to appoint a Regional Amila as needed with the approval or Sadr.
140. Regional Motamid shall be responsible for communicating the instructions of the Regional Qaid. He shall prepare all records and keep them secure. He shall perform his work according to the authority and responsibilities assigned to him. He shall provide to National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya the monthly report of the activities of his Region signed by his Regional Qaid.
141. Other Regional Nazimeen shall have the same authority and responsibility in their limited areas as have the National Muhtamimeen in their respective area.
Authority and responsibility of Local Office Bearers
QAID (Local President)
142. Qaid shall supervise all affairs of Local Majlis.
143. He shall be responsible to have all the instructions of the National office bearers implemented.
144. He shall be authorized to make any decision concerning the interpretation of the rules of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya. A member shall have the right of appeal to Sadr against this decision through the Qaid.
145. Receipts of expenditure shall be signed by Nazim Maal and the Qaid.
146. He shall have the power to reject majority decisions concerning local affairs. But if the local Majlis-e-Amila demands it, Qaid shall be bound to inform Sadr Majlis within a week of the demand.
147. He shall be authorized to suspend or dismiss the office bearers nominated by him. The Qaid shall have the power only to suspend elected office-bearers (Zu’ma). In both cases, the Qaid must inform the Sadr Majlis within three days.
149. He shall be authorized to appoint any member of his Majlis-e-Amila to officiate in his place. If such an appointment is for a period extending beyond fifteen days, its approval shall be sought from the National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
150. He shall be authorized to grant approval of the nominated office bearers of designated Neighborhood(s).
NAIB QAID (Local Vice President)
151. The authority and responsibility of Naib Qaid shall be those as delegated to him by the Qaid.
152. Local Motamid shall communicate all affairs concerning the Majlis per the instructions of Qaid. He shall keep a record of all decisions, correspondence, and proceedings of the Majlis-e-Amila meetings.
153. He shall send to the national office a monthly report signed by the Qaid.
154. Nazim Maal shall submit the local budget to National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya. He shall collect the prescribed subscriptions every month and send to National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya its due share.
155. He shall present to Local Qaid the names of those Khuddam who are in arrears of their subscriptions for more than six months.
156. He shall keep a proper and auditable record of income and expenditure for the Majlis.
157. Other local Nazimeen shall have the same authority and responsibility in their limited areas as have the National Muhtamimeen have in their area.
158. Local Muhasib shall audit the accounts of Neighborhoods at least once in three months and shall report the irregularities to Qaid, a copy of which he shall send to the National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
ZAEEM NEIGHBORHOOD& OFFICE BEARERS OF NEIGHBORHOOD
159. Under the instructions of Local Qaid, the authority and responsibility of Zaeem Neighborhood and Muntazimeen Neighborhood shall be the same as those of Local Qaid and Nazimeen.
Miscellaneous Rules Concerning Maal
160. Majlis-e-Shura shall have the power to fix or change the rules of compulsory subscriptions.
161. Every Majlis shall prepare its income budget of subscription and send it to the National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmaddiya by the due date.
162. National Majlis-e-Amila shall be authorized to ask for special funds, when needed, but not without the consent of Hadhrat Khalifautul Masih (aba).
163. No Majlis or Khadim shall be authorized to collect any subscription(s), other than the compulsory ones, without prior permission from the National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya..
164. All subscriptions shall be received against the receipts issued by National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
165. Per Qaid's recommendation, Sadr shall have the power to exempt a financially unable Khadim from paying Majlis subscriptions or to pay at a reduced rate.
166. Majlis-e-Shura of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya shall have the authority to fix subscription rates. In changing conditions, Majlis-e-Shura shall be authorized to fix the shares of Majalis of National, Local, District, and Region out of the subscriptions of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
Chanda Percentages for Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya are as follows:
1. Local Majlis 22%
2. Regional Majlis 08%
3. National Majlis 40%
- Central Reserve 30%
167. Sadr Majlis, Majalis Amila, Local Qaid and Zaim Neighborhood shall be authorized to develop measures for the reform of subordinates.
MAJLIS ATFAL UL AHMADIYYA
168. Majlis Atfal-ul Ahmadiyya shall function under the supervision of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
169. The executive director of Majlis Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya shall be called Muhtamim Atfal and shall be a member of Majlis Amila of National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
170. Local Majlis Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya shall be subordinate to Local Qaid.
171. Every Ahmadi child from seven to fifteen years of age shall be a member of Majlis Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya. Those Atfal who turn 15 years of age during the year ending on 31st Ikhaa (October), shall join Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya from the beginning of the new fiscal year, i.e. 1st Nubuwwat (November). Those Atfal who turn fifteen on or after 1st Nubuwwat (November) shall join Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyyaon 1st Nubuwwat (November) of following year.
172. Qaideen or Zu'ma shall have the authority to appoint Murabbiyan to supervise and train the Majlis Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya.
173. Murabbiyan-e-Atfal shall be nominated from among the sincere, trustworthy, and kind-hearted members of the Jama'at, preferably from the members of Majlis-e-Ansarullah.
174. The aims and objectives of Majlis Atfalul Ahmadiyya shall be the same as those of the Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.
175. Muhtamim Atfal shall train Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya in proper Islamic practices, such as:
a) He shall impart to Atfal preliminary knowledge concerning religion, the nation, and country.
b) He shall make appropriate arrangements for sports and exercises for the sake of the physical health of the Atfal.
c) He shall adopt means to safeguard Atfal from the evils of the environment, and shall exhort to inculcate in them excellent morals.
d) He shall encourage them to be regular in their studies.
176. The rate of subscription for Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya shall be fixed after approval by Sadr Majlis.
177. All subscriptions shall be received against the receipts issued by National Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmaddiya.
Glossary of Common Terms Used in Constitution
aba : Ayadullah ho Ta’la benasrul aziz (may Allah strengthen his hand)
Amoor-e-Tulba : Student affairs
Atfal : Plural of Tifl, see Tifl
Aam : General (Common)
Chanda : Subscription (Donation)
Dastur : Constitution
Da’een illallah : Callers to Allah
District : Area comprising of a number of cities or local areas
Neighborhood : Sector
Ijlas : Meeting
Ijtema : Gathering (Convention)
Region : A region comprising of a number of districts
Isha’at : Publications
Jalsa Salana : Annual convention of all the members of Jama’at
Jama’at : Association, organization (Party/Group)
Khadim : One who serves (used for a male member of Jama’at Ahmadiyya
who is between the age of 15-40 years, inclusive)
Khalifatul Masih : Successor of The Promised Messiah (as)
Khidmat-e-Khalq : Service to community
Khuddam : Plural of Khadim, see Khadim
Majlis : An association of people
Majlis-e-Aama : General body of members
Majlis-Amila : Executive Body
National Headquarters : Headquarters of Majlis-e-Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya
Ma’al : Finance
Ma’roof That which does not contradict the Qur’an
Motamid : General Secretary
Mubai : An Ahmadi who has taken the oath of allegiance at the hands
of Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (aba)
Mohasib : Auditor
Mulk : Country
Muntazim : Manager (at sector level)
Local : Local area comprising of Neighborhoods (sectors)
Murabbi : One who trains (one who does Tarbiyyat)
Muawin Sadr : Vice President
Nazim : Department Secretary (One who manages a department at
Nazra : Simple (simple Qur’an without translation)
Qaid : Leader
Qada : Court
Sadr : President
Saiq : Drive/Messenger (One who drives and motivates Khuddam, the
person in-charge of a group of approximately 10 Khuddam)
Sami-o-Basri : Audio/Video
Sanat-o-Tijarat : Trade and Commerce
Shura : Consultation
Taleem : Education
Islah-o-Irshad : Propagation (preaching)
Tajneed : Census
Tarbiyyat : Moral Training
Tehrik-e-Jadid : New Scheme
Tifl : Ahmadi boy between the ages of 7-15 years, inclusive
Umumi : General (Sundry)
Waqar-e-Amal : Dignity of Labor
Zayeem : Leader of a sector